St. Gilgen, Strobl, St. Wolfgang in Austria:
your holiday region by Lake Wolfgang
Discover and experience the Austrian Lake District from the White Horse Inn
It must have been a Sunday when the Austrian Lake District in the Salzkammergut region was created! Discover and experience the beauty of this unique cultural and natural paradise around St. Gilgen, Strobl and St. Wolfgang in Austria.
It took millions of years for nature to create the Alps, the glaciers cutting through them and blessing them with rivers and streams. This is how the enchanting mountain and lake landscape of the Austrian Lake District - the Salzkammergut - was created. However, the White Horse Inn insists that it must have been a Sunday!
One holiday will not be enough time to explore Lake Wolfgang, the Austrian villages of St. Gilgen, Strobl and St.Wolfgang, and the beauties of the Austrian Salzkammergut. At the White Horse Inn, your lakefront hotel in St. Wolfgang, you can plan your holidays stress free, whether you want an active, sporty holiday or a relaxed holiday. There are numerous excursions into the natural environment surrounding St. Gilgen, Strobl and St. Wolfgang or the nearby Austrian city of Salzburg with all its fascinating sights.
St. Gilgen, Strobl & St. Wolfgang in Austria for active lake and mountain holidays
- Hiking holidays at Lake Wolfgang: Numerous hiking and walking trails in St. Gilgen, Strobl & St. Wolfgang allow you get to know Lake Wolfgang and the mountains in the Austrian Lake District - the Salzkammergut region.
- Running, Nordic Walking and walking: Numerous running and Nordic walking trails will help you get fit during your holidays at Lake Wolfgang.
- Alpine Golf: Several golf courses around Lake Wolfgang are home to some of Austria’s best groomed greens.
- Cycling and mountain biking: Leisure cyclists, racing cycle enthusiasts and mountain biking fans get their money’s worth in St. Gilgen, Strobl and St. Wolfgang in Austria.
- Water sports and Lake Wolfgang boat trips: On or in the refreshing water of Lake Wolfgang you will spend unforgettably blissful holiday time. Swimming in water that is of drinking water quality is a unique experience.
- Winter holidays at Lake Wolfgang: Skiing and cross country skiing
- Swimming in drinking water
Pure nature & culture in Austria’s Lake District: holidays at Lake Wolfgang
- The city of Salzburg: discover the historic old town of Salzburg, Salzburg's museums, the impressive Fortress Hohen Salzburg and much, much more during your holidays at Lake Wolfgang.
- “Journey to the salt” - the Salt Mines of Hallein, Hallstatt and Altaussee offer very interesting insights about the “white gold”.
- Natural monuments in Austria’s Lake District, the Salzkammergut region: a visit to the Dachstein Massif Ice Cave near Hallstatt must not be missed!
- Culture & customs of the Salzkammergut region: Enjoy concerts, exhibitions, events and traditional Austrian festivals during your holidays at Lake Wolfgang.
A holiday with so many possibilities. At the White Horse Inn, your lakefront hotel in St. Wolfgang, you are only a stone’s throw away from the highlights of the Salzkammergut region, the Austrian Lake District.